How do you stop comparing yourself to others? In Episode 38 “Unpacking Comparison” we learn the impact of comparison and how to stop comparing ourselves to others.
The Bible makes it pretty clear that to compare is to demonstrate a lack of understanding. As we compare to the standards and ideals we assign to others, we at the same time lessen our own value and take our gaze off of the only standard – Christ Jesus.
Today, Special Guest & Blogger – Shanna Ream – thoughtfully guides listeners on how to stop comparing to others using hearty scripture. Shanna reminds us to stay true to the calling placed on our lives and the importance of staying in our own lanes as we move toward freedom from the web of comparison.
Shanna is a Christian, wife and mother of 3. She has a passion for encouraging others in their walk with Christ, sharing practical advice all the while keeping the focus on the One who deserves it. In addition to blogging, she enjoys graphic design, hand lettering, and singing. You can normally find her curled up on the couch with her family, with coffee in one hand, and a good book in the other.
In this episode:
- Understanding our spheres of ministry and what happens when we step outside of that sphere.
- Focusing on our own glory rather than giving God the glory.
- Factors that weaken and dilute our purpose.
- Indicators to look for when determining if you may be headed for the comparison trap.
- Contentment as a means of countering comparison.
- Deeply understanding the intrinsic value and differing currencies that God placed on each of us.
- Other struggles that the practice of comparison leads to like pride, envy, and more.
- Asking this sobering question when we’re drawn to what others have going on that Christ Himself asked: “What is that to you?”
- 5 steps that you can take toward overcoming and healing from comparison.
2 Cor 10:12
I Timothy 6:6
2 Peter 1
*Tune into ” Unpacking Comparison Part 2 here.
Join the Marked email list today and get connected:
Youtube: Its_HannahtheBrand – YouTube
Email: [email protected]
*available on all platforms